AI and automation to optimize OR access, grow strategic case volume, and reduce workload intensityWatch Video
Proactively Release Unused Blocks Weeks in Advance
Improve OR Utilization
Accelerate Case Growth
Improve Surgeon Alignment
Accelerate Achievement of Strategic Goals
Leading ORs is demanding, given multiple competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Established Surgeons with block time are often using only a portion of the time they have reserved, and when they decide to release unused time, it’s often at the last minute.
- Newer Surgeons are constantly requesting more OR access, and if they cannot be accommodated, will likely take their cases to a competing health system.
- OR Teams are responsible for filling last-minute releases of OR time and engaging high-priority surgeons to get them the access they need, constantly making phone calls and juggling multiple screens in the EHR.
- System Leadership is depending on a high functioning and profitable perioperative business to fund necessary investments and hit high priority strategic growth objectives.
It’s time for a new approach.
The Qventus Perioperative Solution solves these challenges using modern innovations in automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral science. The Perioperative Solution consists of four integrated modules focused on increasing access, accelerating growth, and delivering actionable insights.
With Qventus, leading ORs have been able to:
- 3+ cases added per OR per month
- $15m+ Annual revenue impact from case growth, per facility
- 7+ Days increased lead time from proactive release
- >50% Utilization of released blocks otherwise likely unused
- 35% Robotic cases
- 11% Decrease in non-robotic cases in robotic rooms
- 7% More cases
- 20% Fewer ORs
Qventus Perioperative Solution
Module and Product Summary
Block Release: ML models predict with high confidence which blocks are unlikely to be used months in advance.
The Qventus automation engine automatically engages surgeons and schedulers to incentivize proactive release weeks in advance of auto-release.
Behavioral Science informed nudges automatically surface relevant data and incentives for surgeons to encourage full or partial release of block time.
Available Time Outreach: Automatically offer time directly to surgeons predicted to be the best fit based on practice patterns and past performance.
ML models continuously calculate a fit score for all surgeons for all available open time and automatically offer slots to the best-fit surgeons.
Additionally, the algorithm prioritizes the achievement of health system strategic objectives such as: growing targeted service lines, improving robotic utilization, and decanting low acuity volume to a community setting.
TimeFinder: Further increase access for surgeons by offering an intuitive interface for prioritizing and requesting available surgical slots.
Enables employed and community physicians and their schedulers to view relevant OR time in seconds, all without logging in to the EHR.
Populates wheels-in to wheels-out case length ML prediction based on the surgeons past surgical performance.
Module: OR Insights
The OR Insights suite has personalized, persona based products designed to enable key stakeholders in the OR to better understand performance and drive proactive improvement.
Surgeon Insights: Empower surgeons with insights and feedback they need to improve operative efficiency and grow case volume of their practice through never before available referral and market data.
Executive Insights: Understand system performance at from the highest level down to specific service lines with added context from recent market data to explain monthly volatility and performance shifts.
OR Leader Insights: Highlight opportunities for coaching and kudos for surgical stakeholders and measure performance improvement and impact in real-time.
Module: Market Insights
Identify growth opportunities in near-real-time with Insights powered by longitudinal claims data, exclusively available from Qventus.
Market Insights enables surgeons and health system leaders to:
Automatically identify high-potential referral sources
Identify and understand current market position by procedure
Understand volume volatility in the context of overall market shifts
Identify opportunities to align with surgeons who are splitting cases
Qventus enables me to expedite cases — ensuring my patients get faster access to care.
It’s much easier to find open time with Qventus versus picking up the phone and calling facilities one by one.
Qventus is a game changer. It maximizes my time and has allowed me to get more time in the OR.
Before Qventus, we had to wait on a response. With Qventus, getting an open spot is instant. I trust it, it’s reliable, and I am able to get cases scheduled.